SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE COOKIES
View Video Print Recipe
Sour cream is a wonderful ingredient in baked goods, and it gives these chocolate cookies a light and tender texture!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate baking morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in both chocolate and white baking morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.