Broccoli Cheese Mini Quiches
View Video Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped raw broccoli florets
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package phyllo dough (1 roll)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cavities of a mini muffin tin.
- Spread out sheet of wax paper. Unroll the phyllo dough. Lay one sheet on the wax paper and brush sheet with butter. You will be creating a stack of three layers, buttering tope of each layer. Note: It is a good idea to cover unused phyllo dough with sheet of plastic wrap and damp towel to keep from drying out. Once you have your buttered stack, cut 3 inch circles with a biscuit cutter.
- Place your buttered circle stacks in wells of muffin tin creating little mini crusts for your quiches. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whip together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the bottom of crusts with the sharp cheddar then sprinkle small amount of broccoli.
- Carefully spoon egg mixture onto the broccoli and cheese. Only fill the crusts about 3/4 of the way. They will fluff up when baking. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.