View Video Print Recipe
Cowboys need hearty food, so this quiche fits the bill! While there are no cowboys in my family, everyone sure enjoys their breakfast when I serve this quiche with fresh fruit and a glass of milk.
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound mild breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Pepper cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place unbaked pie shell on a foil-lined baking sheet; fill with one cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble breakfast sausage until no longer pink. Add peppers to skillet and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove skillet from heat, and distribute mixture evenly over cheese in pie shell. Top with shredded Pepper Jack cheese in an even layer
- . Next, in a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with half-and-half and seasonings. Pour mixture evenly over the filling.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes longer or until filling is set.