Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini baking morsels
- 4 1/2 cups Ice Cream, softened-any flavor you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated and brown sugars, and eggs using an electric mixer on medium speed. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, instant espresso, baking soda and salt. Add this mixture to wet ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the mini morsels. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Allow cookies to set for 4 minutes on baking sheets, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes. When cookies have cooled completely, place 1/4 cup of softened ice cream between two cookies and press gently to create the sandwich. Roll edges of each sandwich in mini morsels, if desired. Wrap each ice cream sandwich tightly in clear plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Enjoy!