Festive Fruit and Nut Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup diced candied mixed fruit
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup refrigerated egg substitute)
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Eggnog Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add pecans and mixed fruit; mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, eggnog, and butter. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until all dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 our and 15 minutes, or until done. Cool in pan for about 1 hour; remove from pan. Combine glaze ingredients, and drizzle or spread over cooled bread. Store in refrigerator.