Enchilada Casserole with Southwest Sour Cream- By Kitchen Kimberley
- 4 c. cooked roast beef, shredded or diced
- 1/4 c. finely diced yellow onion
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (10 oz.) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c. shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 c. prepared salsa verde
- 1/2 c. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13‐inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the roast beef, onion, diced tomatoes with green chiles, and
- Pour enchilada sauce into a shallow dish, such as a pie plate. Dip 6 tortillas (one at a
- time) into the enchilada sauce and place them into the prepared baking dish, covering
- the bottom evenly.
- Distribute half of the beef mixture evenly over the tortillas. Top with the cheddar
- Repeat layers, topping with the shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- While casserole is baking, prepare the Southwest Sour Cream by combining the sour
- cream and salsa verde in a mixing bowl. Add half (2 tbsp.) of the chopped cilantro and
- the lime juice; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with casserole.
- Garnish casserole with remaining freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!