Southwest Potato Corn Chowder- By Kitchen Kimberley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. all‐purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 c. half‐and‐half
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 2 c. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mexican‐style corn, drained
- 2 c. grated Pepper Jack cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium‐high heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter; saute onion and red bell
- pepper in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 c. butter and garlic to pot and stir until butter is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium, add flour, ground cumin and white pepper; cook for 3
- minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the half‐and‐half; bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture
- is thickened. Slowly add chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chives, potatoes and corn; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese, and stir until melted and smooth. Enjoy!