QUESO BLANCO (WHITE CHEESE DIP)
View Video Print Recipe
Whenever I serve Mexican food, you can count on this homemade Queso as part of my menu! This restaurant-style creamy cheese dip is one of my favorite ways to enjoy dairy!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white American cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; sauté onions, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add heavy cream (or half-and-half or milk). Gradually add cheese; stir constantly until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add diced tomato and freshly chopped cilantro. Serve warm with chips, and enjoy!