CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely minced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery; sauté until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Stirring constantly, gradually add in milk; simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, then add grated cheddar cheese, salt and paprika; stir constantly to melt cheese and distribute seasonings evenly.
- Sprinkle hot soup with freshly minced parsley, and enjoy!