CREAM CHEESE VEGGIE BARS
When I was a little girl, my Aunt Jane used to make these yummy appetizer bars for our family. I was about 12 years old when I asked her for the recipe, and I have been making it ever since! What a great way to get kids to eat their veggies!
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes crescent roll dough
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (0.4 ounce) envelope Ranch style dressing mix
- 3/4 cup chopped red radishes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped cauliflower
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the crescent roll dough into a well-greased half-sheet pan (18 x 13 x 1-inch). Bake the dough for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped vegetables with the grated cheddar cheese and spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours; cut into bars and serve.