GORGONZOLA MASHED POTATOES
The bold flavor of Gorgonzola cheese comes through subtly when balanced with sweet cream and buttery potatoes. This dish is fabulous to serve for everyday meals, or for special occasions!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly snipped chives
- Scrub and quarter potatoes; cook in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter, whipping cream, Gorgonzola cheese, salt and white pepper over low to medium heat until warm, stirring frequently.
- When potatoes are cooked to ‘fork tender’, drain them well, and return them to the hot pot.
- Slowly add the warm cream mixture to the potatoes, mashing and blending well. Mash or whip potatoes to desired consistency, and then stir in the chives.
- Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Enjoy!