OLD-FASHIONED CHEESE MANICOTTI
- 12 large manicotti shells
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided use
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 tablespoons dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (26 ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce, divided use
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water, and set aside on paper towels to drain while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese, ricotta, fresh basil and garlic powder. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff cheese mixture into drained manicotti shells, filling evenly.
- Spoon 2 cups of marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce, then top with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer.